Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving, What are you Thankful for???

Well, It's beginning to feel like the holidays around here. Finally we have a cool breeze in the air and the sky is clear. I love this time of the year. It just feels good the break out the boots and sweaters.
So I was talking to my 2 year old Miss B, and we were talking about being thankful. I know, a 2 year old and thanksfulness??? well,  you know :-) I was telling her that I was Thankfu to God for her and her daddy and our family as a whole. She said "I tankful fa mine toyees, and milk and mommie" I melted then proceeded to make hand turkeys and later I made some cranberry muffins.

I wanted to also share a recipe for Pumpkin Trifle, if you love pumpkin you will love this!!

Pumpkin Cream Trifle

1 pkg spice cake mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 cups cold milk
2 pkg (3.4 oz) instant cheese cake pudding mix
2 cups whipped topping
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped heath bar ( or more if you like)

Directions:
In a large mining bowl,combine the first eight ingredients. transfer to a greased 13x2 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. Cool

In a large bowl whisk milk and pudding mixs for 2 min. Let stand for 2 min or until soft set. Fold in the whipped topping.

Cut cake into 1" cubes, In a 3qt glass trifle bowl layer a third of the cake cubes pubbing mixture, pecans and toffee bits. Repeat layers twice and then refrigerate until ready to serve.

makes 15-20 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment